Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day 1

Waking up at 5:46 I overslept and missed my 4 wake up alarm. I woke up tired and groggy, my largest asperation this morning was my 10 nap, the hours very slowly ticked by as I waited for the nap. Of course today ran so perfectly for the first day of a polyphasic sleep switch, work was busy all day and the night crew did a terrible job leaving me to do all the clean up.

Pushing through work my muscles ached from lack of sleep as I waited for my next nap which i decided to move back to 4 o' clock to more easily accomidate my schedule. Unfortunetly my brother is not in full support of this switch for who knows what reason, and halfway through my 2nd nap I was awoken to a loud intrusion into my room, after insitance on my part to have my brother leave my room, he left after 5 minutes, letting me toss and turn for the last ten minutes of my nap.

I found a new burst of energy around 10 0'clock. So far sleep deprivation has not set in to heavily yet, however tomorrow I work a double shift and have to squeeze my 2nd nap between shifts. We will see how I cope with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment